We all know the excitement of getting plant mail and unboxing your brand new succulents. Succulents Box has the pleasure of delivering this happiness to plant lovers in every state of the U.S. and its territories. We always take great care in our packaging and shipping process to ensure your succulents are delivered to you healthy and well. We guarantee your plants’ safe arrival otherwise we will refund or send you a replacement plant. Your satisfaction is important to us.
HOW WE PACKAGE & SHIP OUR SUCCULENTS
In your plant mail, you can expect to receive your succulents either bareroot or in plastic pots.
For fragile, light sensitive, and big plants, we ship them bare root without soil or plastic pot to prevent etiolation and broken parts. Currently, we ship most 4-inch plants and some delicate 2-inch plants bareroot.
If your order includes clay pot, the plants are packaged separately from the pot and soil. This is especially important for fuzzy succulents such as the Angel Wing Cactus or Echeveria Doris Taylor, because if the soil gets on the leaves, it'd be really hard to completely rinse it out.
- Most other 2-inch plants are shipped in their original plastic pots with soil. In case a box contains multiple plants, we carefully wrap each individual plant in bubble wrap, then fill the remaining space in the box with packing peanut/ shredded paper/ newspaper to ensure the plants don't move around during shipping, and hence minimize shipping shock.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR PLANTS
While meticulously packaged, the plants might still be unhappy with being trapped in a dark box for a long time during shipping. Some may look slightly dull and wilted. Therefore, here are some steps you need to take to give your new plants a warm welcome:
- Right after you receive the package, open it immediately. Carefully and gently remove the packing materials.
- Don't put the plants in sunlight immediately. These are greenhouse grown succulents, so they need to get acclimated to sunlight gradually. Keep them in the shade or indirect sunlight, and slowly introduce them to direct sunlight.
- Give the plants a few days to recover, then repot if necessary and start watering.
- If you receive the plants bare root, immediately pot them in porous succulent and cactus soil mix, then follow the same instructions above. The plants should perk up after getting a good soak from watering. Read more for watering tips here.
We handpick the succulents and only ship out the most beautiful and healthy specimens. If you have any concern about the health and shape of your plants, please contact us immediately. We are always here to answer your questions ❤